Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Check this out:

While rummaging through some old crap I'd written, it appears, around tax time 1997- which explains the content- I found this curiosity: 


Emily, my poet scholar niece, how would you categorize this snippety little thing?


Self


I breathe, I walk, I talk
I exist within my world
It is finite
I have set my boundaries
They are constant
My existence is never pondered
It is only accepted
I never look past my walls
Fear binds me
I don't question that which I cannot understand
I will never understand that which I don't question
I have strength in faith
Inside these walls
I am fearful of nothing
Within them
The arms of my God protect me from curiosity
He creates my world
He shelters me from infinity
My boundaries are his boundaries
I am his creation
He is my creation
He breathes, he walks, he talks
He is me



Now I know I'm my own worst enemy

2 comments:

  1. I wish we still had The Dove poem you wrote me in high school. Can you remember it?

    ReplyDelete