Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Getting ready for a trip, no, a vacation

Yes I am! Yes we are! Now that Rachel is home from the Baltic, reality knocks and Orlando, Disney World, Sarah, Rachel, Nick, Tim, Alex, Isaac and I will be converging. Oh, Amy is planning on attending as well. Forgot.
This is a trip 4 months in the making and I consider it the beginning of our "world traveler" phase in my ALS journey. I must say, though, that since my March 15 diagnosis, I have been to Chicago a few times, Dallas twice, South Haven once (thank you, love you Claire), East Peoria at least a dozen times, Pekin a few, Morton at least once, Tremont for a drive thru (not shooting) Quad Cities 3 or 4 times and Avanti's on Main St. too often to count. I'm sure I've been to a few gas stations along the way, a drive up, a drive in (no) and a deli, but by now you don't care.
You might care to know we leave Sept. 1 for Florida and return Sept. 4 (I do have a home alarm system hooked into..... well.............nothing but a loud horn). We travel to Auburn, In. for food, family and fun around the 10th of Sept., we drive to Crusen's on War Memorial to catch Nick, his band and Paige DeChausse of American Idol fame, then Rachel and I board a Qantas flight to New Zealand for two weeks. At least that's what I'm aware of so far. I tell you this because it is ever more apparent that I must compress my bucket list in order to allow more entries for the upcoming months and years. If you're wondering how we can afford these travels, we can't. These great trips are fully funded by the best kids on Earth. My kids. They never cease to amaze me. My wife has provided the genetics allowing them to be the best children ever, and those of you who know them have no doubt. I am blessed with everything.
I have only one goal next weekend at Disney World and that is to get Alex to barf on the Mad hatter Teacup ride and enjoying it. Life just couldn't be better.

7 comments:

  1. If you make him puke, then you're cleaning it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what the flume rides are for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard Rachel wanted to take you to New Zealand. I'm so happy you are making the trip! It's on my wish list as well. Have a wonderful time in Florida with the family Tracy! Auburn, IN on the 10th? Will you meet up with J&T? Thinking of you lots! hugs,
    Chandra (& Nathan)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see some pics! Not of the puking of course, but of Disney and New Zealand. What an awesome adventure. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I can't wait! And dad, us kids were pretty blessed too. I don't know many other dads who would coach a bunch of "gifted" adolescent girls in basketball for years- and actually get us to WIN some games!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let the fun begin!!! Yes, you do have the best kids ever! We are all so blessed in that area. I have dinner planned for you guys when you return. Love you lots! Lis, Daren, Mariss & Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are SO correct about being blessed with kids! I hope you have a great time down in Florida,see you when you get back! (hopefully on Wednesday at my class at 3:30!!) Dennis

    ReplyDelete