Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I'm trolling for a segue

This post has a few faces, the first of which relates directly to my latest experiences with my disease, disturbing at best. I am, frankly, sick and tired of being sick and tired. I've had it with changes, not so subtle, that make my life more complicated every day. I am, at least temporarily, through with the gloom and doom of the telling. For the next several posts, maybe more, I will be relating events laden with sarcasm, self deprecation, "crossing the line" humor and indiscreet revelations. I plan to "shock and awe" as best as I can, filleting my innermost secrets, my innermost fears, serving them up layer by layer, discarding the bones of respectability with each meal. As I travel away from pride and privacy, I travel away from civility, from political correctness, from propriety. If you've found yourself on the verge of being offended having read prior posts, place the paper Kroger sack over your head now. No kid gloves. No rice paper (Kung Fu reference)- I plan to dirty my fists with the flotsam of unbridled irony, to destroy the rice paper with the dance  of the decadent. I plan to excise the demons of negative with a rusty scalpel of difficult humor. I am going to embarrass the ALS to the back burner of my life for as long as I can. How? An example: life with ALS is like wiping your ass with a hoop- there's just no end to it. The good side? At least I won't have to wield the hoop. Stuff all of you are wondering but would never ask. There will be no delicate cycle for this dirty laundry. Expect a content warning to precede each post of such nature.

Moving on, I have not abandoned my life's history while wallowing in 4th grade. Look for a continuation soon.

Moving ahead, I am considering a couple of projects- the first would be to print my blog here from beginning to end. Problem is, I see no end in sight so I may never be able to present a complete compilation. This, for me, is a problem I'd like to consider perpetual. I'm over 50,000 words now and still have a lot to talk about- I might consider a Part 1. Another project I am considering just for grins, is writing a book of short stories. Not your typical book, mind you, but an atypical, one of a kind script to include stories I've written over the years, mostly forgotten, along with many I've yet to pen. Largely a collection of made up junk, perfumed with semi literate acts of clever, probably disturbing on EVERY level, hopefully entertaining. Whether I can get it published or not, it is soon to exist, not as a Blog, but found as a lengthy Word document on my computer. If the Gods approve, and people clamor even a little, I'll be forced to release it upon the poor, unsuspecting public. Let me hear your outcry!
 

6 comments:

  1. Oh come on, A, do you really think I'm computer literate enough to figure out how too translate this? Anyhow, I'll assume it means something............. BTW, Looking for good source for TCM Herbs- Chinese

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see if we can find these herbs state side. Call Dr. Z to get you a source.
    And I am afraid. Very afraid, of what I might find in your tell all blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm stoked about you writing more dadda. Short stories are how Stephen King got started... just sayin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy, You had me at "story". haha I told you from the start that you should publish this blog. It just makes sense. As for the short stories.......If your real life isn't riviting enough material, I can't IMAGINE what you could make up. A little disconcerting. haha I'm already checking Amazon for my copy. I LOVE Steven King.

    ReplyDelete