Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I'm helming a juggernaut

Whatever you've been told about ALS by me, on line, from friends, doctors, shamans, God (certainly indirectly), neighbors, know it alls, sufferers or even zealots of any zeal you can use to fill a can and store away for sorting through at a later date. You might have the time- I don't. These several months I have scanned a million opinions, a million remedies, a million steadfast believers in a cure. I get so many testimonials to so many treatments that it is a wonder ALS kills anybody. If I were spontaneously healed of ALS today, I would be asked by a million curious as to what I did to cure myself. Just so you know, if I chronicled my efforts, I would have to expose the truth- I haven't any idea why the disease stopped. Was it divine intervention? Was I worthy of such a consideration? Did I change my diet? Maybe a little as of late. Edgar Cayce method? Too early to think that did it. Did I correct my sub conscious? Not without the answer to the problem. 


I know that if I singled out ANYTHING I did, a million messages would hit the Internet with my testimonial in tow and a million ALS sufferers would have another revelatory method of cure to stack on the pile they'd already acquired. Don't get me wrong, I  believe there is an elusive combination of something or other that can beat this problem; the dangerous part is sorting what may work from that which won't, from that which is harmful, from the million or billion combinations that may kill me. If I followed even a fraction of the remedies I've encountered, I'd spend the remainder of my life either on the toilet, in bed or so fatigued as to never get dressed again. Others proclaim that heavy exercise will bring me back. Let me tell you- early on I thought working hard physically would help me maintain my muscle mass and strength. The advice was for shit. I believed a guy who testified he lifted weights to stay ahead of ALS. I felt, after working a full day, that my ALS got a shot of adrenaline. My fasciculations went as crazy as "girls gone wild". I lost control that day...... some of this stuff is propagandized through ignorant minds, desperate to find a cure to their woes. The Internet is full of ALS sufferers who haven't any idea what's going wrong within themselves. I try to understand the physics of my problem and choose what may help me to cope, to have reasonable energy and to endure. I have to  be careful not to be deluded or convinced in fake philosophies that would encourage a pound of sugar a day for a diabetic. 


All of this is important. I must make good choices. Choices based on scientific support and logic. Educated choices. Considering these parameters, I'm now going downstairs to chug a bottle of coconut oil- I heard somewhere it helped a guy with ALS to walk better..........

2 comments:

  1. A bottle of coconut oil? It sounds like you might be spending some of that toilet time you were talking about. At least you'll smell good ... like summer suntan oil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say "negative" on the coconut oil. While you are consuming the oil in the bathroom,which is where you ought to be if you can't sprint, you will also be 5lbs heavier the next day due to the caloric intake. I'd much rather see you in a Turkey coma from the tryptophan overdose on Thanksgiving. If you want the calories.....pie tastes better than coconut oil. Especially with whipped cream on top! I really hope you and the family had an awesome Turkey Day Tracy!

    ReplyDelete