Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Amused

I live because I choose to. When I die it will be because my choice was overruled by my health. Nothing mysterious. As I become less mobile, it, albeit slowly, occurs to me that quality of life has very little to do with physical ability. Given that, if I go blind life will REALLY suck.

I try to be philosophical but the truth is much more meat and potatoes than anything I can pull out of a book of proverbs. Most philosophers read out of the Supreme Court of experience in reality. I hold the position that most therapists conjure solutions scraped from their own sordid childhoods. Self loathing defeated does not preclude spreading the disease. While I admire the effort, I am wary of the scars that may rupture into the core of the advice.

I've no interest in getting lawnmower operation advice from a guy with no fingers who "Learned his lesson. "

It's no joke that I fulfill the requirements for the definition of "Hard Nut". Believe you me, the nut is just as hard on the inside. Reasonable people endeavor to get in while I scrabble to get out. If what's wrong with me is in there I don't want anything to do with it. Of course that's insane. I guess this is one problem I can't run away from.

Amy says: Your body does what your mind tells it to do. My body has a stupid boss.

If there is a statement that encapsulates the essence of my plight, I have no idea what it is. Additionally, I don't care. Talk is cheap. I need something concrete..... To get through my skull. Let it in and let it out. (Come Together)

6 comments:

  1. like a good side kick upside your skull???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of the ancient practice of drilling a hole in the skull to let out the demons, but a kick might work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all.... what are you amused about? Blonde shrug....huh huh..... I don't get it.
    Second- I never actually SAID-any part of you was stupid.
    Third- What are you afraid of? The worst that could happen is that you would end up being a happy healthy, sappy, thoughtful, sensitive tree hugger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok Amy.......I wouldn't mind the tree hugging thing, but Tracy, if you starting eating bark I'm calling someone. And then I'll kick you in the head!

    ReplyDelete