Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Last night, today and Dallas

It occurred to me that I might tell the happenings of the last couple days in reverse fashion, retracing my steps from now to then, but I realized my intention was to tell the future as well as the past, putting myself in the position of needing to move forward, then reverse course to tell you what already happened, and the thought is just too confusing and exhausting (the last thing I need is more confusion and exhaustion) so I'll keep my narrative chronological in order to tell you what was, is, and may be.


You have just suffered through the longest sentence, at 95 words, I have ever posted on this blog. While I have a long way to go to catch up with Cormac McCarthy, I'm quite proud of myself. It might well be a run on sentence, but it meshes quite well with my run on style of writing. Why write several sentences when the job can be handled with just one? Why take several breaths if you can achieve the same result with one long winded gulp? It is, by golly, an exercise in economy of punctuation.


Starting with last night, Friday  night. A place in town, a little bar, charming in barspeak, where Nick, my son, and Paige (both pictured) played a duo (duet?) for the first time in Peoria.It goes without saying that they played great. It bears saying and repeating that I was elated at the turnout. I couldn't have been happier with the show of support for Nick, and I know many were there to support me. I played my hand at invites loaded with four ALS cards, and everybody went "all in" for me. I thank you. I also thank all of you who let me know you read this blog. Let it be known that by setting aside time in your lives to actually read me, you help me. My cure may not be via computer, but my will to battle is directly connected to my ability to excise my demons and spill my guts through these posts. Cathartic. The more who read, the more gasoline is provided to fuel my printed exodus. Keep reading and I'll keep writing. Tank hue.


Oh, yeah, so that was last night. Today I slept in til 11:17, got up, ate some breakfast at noon, took a nap at 2:30, woke up at 6pm, ate chili, watched some TV, and here  I sit, writing.
Tomorrow I board an American Airlines puddle jumper and fly to Dallas, to Sarah, to Tim, to Alex, to Isaac, to paradise. I'll be home Friday. Don't fret, I'll continue to post. Love y'all



4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post. That night was healing for me as well. Having so many friends show up and enjoy life with us is the best medicine for all. Thank you soooo much and I am already planning a way for us to do it again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, Dan and I had such a great time! The music was amazing......and the perfect volume so that we all didn't have difficulty hearing each other as well. Their voices blended sooo well. As an added bonus, we were entertained by the guy that was a cross between Tinker Bell and a bloke from the Old English Fair until his shrooms went foul. haha Can't help but laugh. Thank You for inviting us. We will definitely listen to them again when they are in town. Have fun in Dallas!

    ReplyDelete