Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Just say something-repost




I'm reposting this request in the hope that friends and family may have overlooked my request- my plea- for communication. To the many who have responded, I thank you. To those who don't check their e-mail every day, I apologize for my impatience. Don't worry about commenting on my blog, just drop me an e-mail. tracyboettcher@gmail.com








I probably get too wordy for most readers tuning in to read all or even most of my posts. Expect my writings to lean toward brevity not because I have less to say so much as because it is getting more and more difficult to pluck a keyboard. Unless the path of ALS is diverted or blocked it is a matter of a couple of months when I may need to put an end to this blog in its present form. I cannot use Dragon effectively with  my  garbled speech patterns. I will continue for as long as I can.


I know I have a lot of readers- family, friends, others- but only a handful respond        to me through e-mail, facebook or by other means. It could be because I'm lousy at follow up but I suspect it is more likely that many   simply don't  know what to say. I implore readers to set aside their apprehensions and drop me a communication, even if brief. To help the fearful, I will form your composition. Just type: HANG IN THERE, BUCKAROO! I'll take  it as caring advice.  To those who don't know, my e-mail address is tracyboettcher@gmail.com       thanks

16 comments:

  1. Hey, we're with ya. Hang in there buckaroo. And I've told you that I'll type for you- you may have to help me with the spelling, but I can transcribe fairly well. We can't let your readers down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read every post, but your posts are usually profound enough to leave me thinking, but not talking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wondering . . . have you looked into other devices for computing that might not require your voice? I have no idea what's out there but maybe something that others in your position have found helpful. I'm thinking Steven Hawking must have found alternative communication methods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unless you learned Chinese at some point you might want to ask Adam to translate his message to you. Just in case it's important. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I figure anything that might be important to me would be conveyed in a language I understood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there big brother. I follow all your posts, finding myself hanging on every word. I love you and miss you. Can't wait to see you in June.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang in there Buckaroo and a Howdy Doody to ya! I wonder what kind of James Bond type of gadgets you can find for your computer. Maybe they have something you can control with your eyes. Then again, Rachel is quicker and alot cheaper. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm here, too - following your posts. Much love & respect to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cathy and I read your posts Tracy. I found a project from Samsung on the internet you might find useful. Here is URL to news release on it http://www.theverge.com/2012/2/23/2818767/samsung-eyecan-source-code-release. They are giving away the software for Windows (I know you are Mac guy) and have instructions on how to build a device (for about $50) from a Playstation 3 web cam to allow you to control a computer with your eyes. This is URL to instructions for all this are here: http://www.facebook.com/eyeCanProject and here http://eyecanproject.wordpress.com/english/

    ReplyDelete
  10. let me know when you are back in P town so we can run up and visit. Yes I do keep up with your posts but I dont remember things very well. So drop me an email with dates.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is Jeni Winter (Rachel's old roomie). Just wanted to post my 'Hang in there Buckaroo!' to you. I have read many of your posts and wanted to let you know that our family think about yours often and wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete