Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Complications drive me nuts

Nothing is ever simple. When applying this fact to the reality of normal life, the ensuing frustrations can drive you mad, but in the end, things get done. Inject ALS into the mix and all those automatic functions cease to be automatic, adding new frustrations heaped upon those of every day life. Examples are seemingly endless. 

One of many:
For some reason, when I call information on my Sprint phone, they can no longer text me the number or dial it. I can actually hear (though this has to be impossible) the operator thumbing through a phone book to locate the number. For Avanti's on Main St. I am recited the number. Problem is, I can no longer write. I inform her of this fact and she says she is sorry. I ask for a supervisor who also apologizes. I get her supervisor who again apologizes, adding to my woes by admitting to having no idea why I'm upset, that she can, however, log my complaint. I have a dozen text messages providing phone numbers proving the service was once provided, and when I inform her of this, I can actually sense her "deer in the headlights" expression. This whole scenario encapsulates the extent of idiocy found everywhere, which brings to mind driving up to an ADM and finding a Braille message provided for blind drivers! I have enough trouble getting dressed in the morning and making it to the bathroom without doing a header down the stairs and peeing my pants. I have diabolical visions of finding myself in compromising positions without the ability to correct them. I feel like I'm walking on Jupiter during a massive earthquake. I can only touch my toes if you cut them off and hand them to me. I can't open a Pepsi can without help. I might even look forward to existing as a brain in a jar, as long as a couple eyes can be attached. Life for me, aside from the rest of the world, is complicated enough. I fear that the lunatic fringe is no longer on the fringe- it is now mainstream.

1 comment:

  1. us cellular! no offense but Sprint s---! seriously, call when you are ready to explode,I'll come take some schrapnel!

    ReplyDelete