Total Pageviews

Monday, November 14, 2011

Short and sweet

I'm writing, so to speak, or, more appropriately, to post, on an unfamiliar laptop, on a dining room table, which puts the keyboard chest high, making it difficult for me to type, so don't look for high volume posts this week. I'm in Dallas until Friday. 


I have a request. As I post on this site, I seem to collect interest from new countries every so often. I would like to know who out there may have ALS, or know someone with ALS. Maybe general curiosity plays a part in reading my posts, might be a referral from someone. I'm just looking to learn something about my audience. I'm read now in 30 countries. I sincerely appreciate anyone who finds interest in my blog. Always remember that what I post is real. I really do have ALS, I really do hate it and I really do write the truth. I do not have a ghost writer. I doubt any ghost writer worth his salt would agree to put to screen my thoughts, as warped as they are.


Please contact me and tell me your stories, even if  you're just reading for fun (in which case I REALLY want to hear from you). E-mail me at tracyboettcher@gmail.com  Maybe we can get together for coffee. I promise not to respond to your e-mail unless asked.

2 comments:

  1. I so glad you made it to Dallas "All by yourself"! I guess you won the argument. Annnddd.......To answer your request, I know not only you have ALS, but so does my uncle. I believe he has Bulgars(sp?) but I'm not sure. My father just told me that about a month ago so it wasn't like I was keeping a secret. My uncle hasn't spoken in many years and has been in a wheelchair for many years(10-15 I'm guessing). I didn't know that because I haven't seen him in 35 years. My dad will be arriving from San Antonio tomorrow(Tues.) so I will ask him more about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a disease that is supposed to be rare I am amazed by the number of people who know someone living with ALS. I am beginning to wonder if it's just propaganda. Maybe if we knew the truth of how many people are diagnosed with ALS there would be a much bigger push to solve this problem, taking money away from some other important cause. The fact the medical community has absolutely NO suggestions at all in fighting this disease is incredible to me. Obviously, if you are sick or the healthiest person on the planet, nutrition plays a big part in how you heal and yet- No real advice from Western medicine on that and we have been discouraged from looking into alternative medicine/modalities that focus on mind/body health, nutrition, energy work and the like for fear of giving us FALSE hopes...when they give us NO hope. Luckily we are ambitious about research and have found many who have lived well beyond diagnosis and even gone into remission. I find it interesting that the standard western medical community insist that if you have gotten well- then it can't be ALS that you had. Aren't they then responsible for the angst experienced by this misdiagnosis?
    I might need a ladder. I am thinking about getting on my high horse.

    ReplyDelete