Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Ya know what I miss?

Building houses. I miss climbing around jobs like this and feeling indestructible, cutting virtually every rafter. I miss working with my guys, always looking for a better lunch site, the camaraderie, the challenges, the fun. I miss the sweltering summers and the blistering blizzards of winter. I miss bitching when it rains and shoveling snow off the decks. I miss blowing off a beautiful afternoon to go with the guys to a movie, my treat. I miss ending the day and feeling a real sense of accomplishment. I  miss eating lunch at Monicals. I miss the smell of cut wood. I even miss the smell of urine in the corner where everybody pisses.
In case you didn't know, I used to build houses. Amazing how life can throw you a curve......................................

1 comment:

  1. I can help with the Monicals,call when you want one delivered. I can also help with the urine,but hope pizza will do?

    ReplyDelete