Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Its like this and its like that

Again I begin a post without a clue as to what I'm going to say. Each sentence begins with a thought that generally morphs into another, jumbling the creative juices and altering the ending to a concept yet to be conceived. I always seem to fly blind, brailing my way along, my mind aflutter in chaotic frenzy, words as pieces of a puzzle never quite fleshed out, structure and continuity missing from the box. Thus I scramble the eggs of creation, add salt and pepper, a little Tabasco and a glob of ketchup, fork my embryonic feast into a red and yellow stew...... And devour it all, ever mindful of its power, though fractured and ascatter. What comes out of the concoction may have characteristics nearing palatibility, more likely patterning the product found trailing the hind end of a goose. Let me elaborate on the theory without falling into a cauldron of disgust.
     The day fell from morning even as the temperature rose with the sun, scant wisps of clouds melted away leaving blue sky, darker toward the heavens, infinite in its vast possession of the universe.
      I have an itchy nose, and since I can't move my arms it must remain an unattended to annoyance, one that is bugging the crap out of me (another potential problem since I can't walk). Its gone, and not a second too soon. Whew!
      "Verl, I ain't had a nip in a hour wit dis stinkin' rot chikn liver! Wat do it ketch, enywho?"
      In about five minutes Tom's wife of 20 years would walk through the front door and join him on the maple porch swing he had installed just an hour ago. When he asked her outside to steal a moment with him, she insisted on changing into a summer dress, a flowery cotton number she had found at the little overpriced boutique across from the Piggley Wiggley in the old Steadman building.
      When Wendy came through the front door and turned to Tom, swinging on the glider, the air seemed to take on a new, fresh characteristic, the breeze caught her dress in a delicate swirl, accentuated as she spun ever so lightly toward him. Her hair fell about her face, momentarily obscuring one eye. Tom gasped "Wendy, you look...... ". His words trailed away. She was smiling, her face beaming so brightly that Tom was emotionally blinded for a moment. She admired his work "Its beautiful, Tom! Will it hold the both of us?" Tom nodded absently, still caught up in her beauty, "It had better, I worked all morning on it!" Wendy gathered her sun dress about her knees and seated herself beside Tom. "Are you okay? You look flushed. Do you have a fever?" She pressed the back of her hand to his forehead. Tom didn't reply. He marvelled at her image. He saw no streaks of gray running through her auburn hair, her face was perfect; her moist lips drew him closer, closer still, her eyes, liquid as oil, gleaming blue lassoed his heart. "I love you" a whisper escaped him. Wendy closed the gap and kissed him, everything else fading away.

I know this guy who got Lou Gehrig's about two years ago. He tried to work through it, taking on at least a couple jobs too many, probably tarnishing his reputation as a builder. Oh yeah, he was a builder. He taught karate or something like that. I heard he had a lot of students over the years, mostly kids. When his kids were in grade school he coached basketball. I think he coached his younger kids, a boy and girl, for three years each. I don't know how he got the job because I know for a fact that he sucked in basketball. I heard he didn't know what a trap was until the 7th grade coach explained it to him. Kinda ballsy of him to think he could do any coaching, especially basketball. I heard that after learning about trapping he ran the shit out of it. I don't know how many times he barked "TRAP THE BALL!!!". I know he also coached one season of JFL football. That he should have pursued. He was just an average player but knew the game cold and got along great with kids. I don't know much about Gehrig's Disease except that they say its fatal in 2 to 5 years if you listen to the doctors, which I think he did at first since they are doctors and they went to school for that stuff. I don't know what he thinks now because he moved to Texas last year and I'm not one to use email much. I know he writes a blog because I found on it once last year. I don't read it because most of it doesn't make any sense. I think that thing is messing with his head. That's too bad. He was one of the good guys. I hope he's not dead. Friggin' doctors.

4 comments:

  1. Far from "dead" I heard he was growing larger kahunas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TEXAS!!!! I heard he moved to Memphis and it wasn't ALS. I think he had lyme's disease and just left town to be with his kids. What the heck......that guy owed me money. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard this 'guy' coached basketball not because he was LeBron James,but because someone NEEDED to coach and his kids learned more than just setting traps. I also heard this 'guy' touched MANY lives WAY before he got this curse. I have 'heard' that this 'guy' is still touching people,just not with a kick upside the head?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeaaa...I've heard from several people this guy was a little touched in the head....

    ReplyDelete