Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 18, 2013

A taste of today, other news

I need to update yesterday's post. Today I stood unassisted for one and a half minutes, followed by a dip in the pool, all proceeded by a run through the Dallas Arboretum and a stop at Lowe's. I am rarely idle. Since September, I have logged 327 miles on my wheelchair. Once, last fall, Amy and I circumnavigated White Rock Lake, about 11 miles. We hit the theater about once a week on average. I follow the Miami Heat, pray for the Bears and ignore the Cubs. I will never become a Cowboys fan, kinda like the Mavs (hope they can pick up Dwight Howard) and know nothing about Dallas baseball. I still follow boxing and catch an occasional PPV, as long as Mayweather isn't fighting (unless its Canelo Alvarez). I follow MMA, but not as closely as boxing. I love Andrew Zimmern and his appetite, Man vs Food, am watching The Wire on Netflix, get outside most every day, have overnighted in Austin twice, San Antonio once and downtown Dallas once, spent three weeks plus in California and of course Peoria more than once and counting.

Other stuff: went to a Mavs game here, loved the Fort Worth Zoo, realize that rather than going haywire constantly, my fasculations now come and go, I've quit taking Flexoril because I no longer need it. Life is looking roses all over, that's all I got!

2 comments:

  1. Now THIS is a worthwhile post!!!
    Just so you know, this is just the very very basic version of our lives. Insert 2 grandboys that take turns riding on Maka's rolling machine, a dog that get's under wheel if you don't watch it, exercise, massage, health care nurses, vitamins, supplement schedules, research....

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! how about andrew zimmerman with my favorite show,bizzare foods? he is the bruce Lee of 'no fear' eating! Go Steelers!

    ReplyDelete