Total Pageviews

Monday, May 6, 2013

Calling it quits

Frightening title, I know. No, I have not given up, yes I have. No, ALS has not defeated me, not even close. I hold in my hand a sword designed to hack the monkey from my back, to excise the demon disease, to take all audience from its spectacle, to bleed it dry, a primate husk, a defeated harbinger, a tatter in the wind, soulless and formless. No, I have not given up, yes, I have. I have given up self pity. I ignore my plight. In fact, I refuse to grant the level of plight to that of such minor a disturbance. Weakness thrives only in a weakened state of mind, eating at resolve as the prey of the disheartened, chewing the sinew of the defeated. I quit paying tribute to a disease requiring despair to continue its coddle. As a result, I am free, happy and faultless. There is no inconvenience within my soul, I am cured of the curse of burden. I feel better every day. I am lightened through enlightenment. Me. Now all I need to do is eradicate these pesky symptoms. 

1 comment: