Total Pageviews

Friday, May 31, 2013

Death of a story

The problem with writing a composition using an eyegaze program is that the software designer had in mind a tool to be used for minimal communication, not complex story lines and lengthy content. In other words, I am not composing within a word processing program. I can save data, but a single errant glance clears everything with extreme prejudice.
      My first attempt at serious writing has entered the abyss and as a result no longer exists in the physical universe. Fortunately, I was only 700 words in and can restart right away. Unfortunately, I must figure a way to save my work outside the program. Of course you must know that bringing this story back from the dead beckons a change of Pet Cemetery proportions. I can't help it. What was a tale of a hitman losing his motivation after a young girl survives a shot to the head now morphs into who knows what. I will certainly try to revive the remains of my original concept, though it has to be reborn (and we all know being born again carries with it the memory of the first birth experience), certain to warp my short foray into the realm of reasonable literature.

1 comment: