Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A slow news day, so..............

I have an itch, so I need to scratch it. My catharsis is to straighten my crooked left middle finger in order for it to join my right at my Logitech keyboard, conveniently lighted (the keyboard, not the finger), enabling me to see the letters as I pluck at them. On an equipment run, I will divulge that, while still a Mac guy, I write this blog using, as I said, a lighted Logitech slim keyboard, black, which I love, a custom equipped radically fast gamer computer loaded with a multiple gigabyte video card, terra byte hard drive, i7 super dooper fast processor, liquid and air cooling, transparent sided housing for any computer geek's viewing pleasure, on board temperature and humidity gauges, coupled with two 24" Asus HDMI connected LED monitors only one half inch thick, sound provided by a pair of Klipsch speakers and a killer Klipsch sub woofer. I need all this in order to facilitate my blazing speed of probably 20 words a minute when I post. Truth is, I jumped ship from my always reliable Mac G5, 8 years old and repair free, for a PC because I needed to have a PC platform in order to run an auto cad program, Chief Architect X3. Too bad Apple can't run their program- I blew the PC video card one month after purchase, a keyboard later, and need to continue to stave off virus attacks. I cannot say enough about proprietary hardware. Also, RIP Steve Jobs. Whatever your fancy, ask yourself how many times you've had a problem with your PC. This concludes my critical rant.

  • Some days, nothing significant flows from my head. Today is one of those days. This is not to say today was insignificant. It was. This in itself is significant. Today, I felt the same as yesterday. No better, no worse. I am still infused with optimism and excitement at my new plans involving Cayce and TCM. I feel like starting today, but it will take time to find a Baar wet cell for a reasonable price and herbs from China don't exactly grow on trees (some must). 
  • Are these bullet points? How should I know? I was trying to get spell check to re-activate and I hit something that fired a bullet, so. there you are. I think bullet points are designed to be brief and to the point, so I'll have some fun with the brevity. 
  • This post is, largely and briefly, pointless.
  • ALS may be the cause of my problems within this blog, but I can assure you I have numerous others, mostly ignored and abandoned here- until now. Let me point out that..............
  • Most of my life I have been something of a control freak, a boss. ALS put an end- kicking and screaming from a mental bucket- to that.
  • I rarely used all the steps when ascending or descending stairs, now I grab for support as I move step by step, both feet meeting each tread.
  • My balance point is now 5 degrees from top dead center, anything more and I hit the ground in the direction of the lean. 
  • I clap by placing my left in front of my chest and hitting it with my right.
  • My smile remains symmetrical.
  • I need to invest in slip on shoes. Not the corduroy slippers you're thinking about.
  • I need to find out if I can still operate a fishing pole.
  • Amy asked me if I wanted to join her at open volleyball and I found it to be very, very funny.
  • I also get a laugh out of the invite from the ALS Foundation to join in a march.
  • I can still drive nearly as poorly as I did before.
  • So far, I can count my fall downs, post ALS, on one hand. The same cannot be said for my pre- ALS years.
  • For some strange reason I now wonder how long it would take me to milk a cow one handed. Twice as long, or would I get tired?
  • Does my dad read my blog? (extremely unlikely) If he had access, would he? I know he's a reader, but.......................
  • Claire, I want to stop by soon.
  • I don't have a best friend- all my friends are the best.
  • It is disconcerting that I could cry at the end of Transformers- Dark of the Moon.
Ok, so you read this far, and as this is true, you have been sucked in by a vortex of drivel. Musings without depth. This is the kind of stuff (with the exception of the Claire line) that flows from the vacuous space between my ears when the status quo is present, when no movement, forward or backward, can be detected, when I think without thinking. Don't take it personally that I laugh inwardly when I think of those who have come to this paragraph and outwardly at those who admit it. I find it difficult to look at things on the bright side when my future is overcast, but your foolish loyalty is like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day. I thank you few.

    7 comments:

    1. You're welcome. And that was hilarious.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Keep writing and I will keep reading!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Tracy, Keep up the good thoughts... you are in our thoughts and prayers daily! We love you, Lee and Kathy

      ReplyDelete
    4. I admit it, Tracy. I rarely miss a word you write. I never knew your smile was symmetrical ... I think it was crooked in high school ... No?! Keep writing and I'm really sorry about the PC!!!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Lol, dad, your smile is a bit katywompus- always has been. It's a trait I inherited. Thanks for that. Also- milking a cow? All I have to say is....Mooooooooooooooo! Remember I have video documentation that you are one with the cows.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Tracy, Your hilarious! Not that I read it all of course. haha Just the thought of you milking a cow makes me laugh.

      ReplyDelete
    7. foolish loyalty is all I read. I like to think of it as trying to find a way to help another human being.or as that movie went,pay it forward(although I think the ending sucked!)Claire must be special!

      ReplyDelete