Total Pageviews

Monday, January 30, 2012

Tasty for some, bland for others

The appeal of my last post was probably as sporadic as my ALS. Music speaks to many, but in some cases there exists a language barrier impossible to climb. I know people who battle the "white noise" of incomprehension. Not so for me. I've been to hundreds of live music gigs, most to see and hear Nick, and while I rarely hop up and dance- fearful of my disco tendencies- I always feel the rush. I sometimes find myself scrunching my toes when Nick is shredding or Brian is thumping or Rob is banging or now, when  Paige is belting out a tune. My condition intensifies my need. 

Today I am 54. I never thought I'd be celebrating my birthday from a wheel chair- at least not this soon. Thank you to all who have, are and will wish me well. I know you mean it and I know I need it.


So.......I begin to enjoy my day, for now putting ALS on the back burner, turning the heat up to high and incinerating the sonofabitch.







5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Tracy! I hope your day is wonderful. I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday man.PUT ON SOME MUSIC!!!! blast that shit away for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I said a hip hop,
    Hippie to the hippie,
    The hip, hip a hop, and you don't stop, a rock it
    To the bang bang boogie, say, up jump the boogie,
    To the rhythm of the boogie, the beat.

    As your son would say...Hippy Barthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the heat. Crank it so I can hear it over at my house. :)

    ReplyDelete