Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 29, 2012

I am a car

What better way to describe the disintegration of mobility than to compare it to a car? Better yet, I shall be a car. I refuse to describe myself as a particular make and model. You be the one to identify with whatever vehicle proved to be your nemesis.


I was born (manufactured) either without defect or with a predisposition for a system failure. Basically, I caused my problems or they were inevitable. Either way, through abuse or by predetermination, I have become more of a yard sculpture than a mode of transportation.


I used to run great, on all cylinders. I still do, but now my transmission fails to get the power to my wheels. My motor hums along perfectly, though providing no function other thaN to sound good. 

The key to my problem is transmission. Proper information provides for proper function. Too little information limits the amount of  function, too much provides functional confusion. My transmission, made up of motor neurons, provides all information all the time, similar to a billion sperm looking to infiltrate a single egg. Similar to a thousand swimmers trying to save a single drowning boy. Similar to a hundred lumberjacks trying to down a single tree. Too much information.

If I really were a car, the solution would be simple- call AAMCO. I could, but they don't have the Chilton's manual on motor neuron repair. Too bad. I was looking forward to spending some time on the rack.

3 comments:

  1. sounds more like one of these newer cars where EVERYTHING is 'controlled' by a computer,when it goes whacko as yours has the cars follows.unlike a car,I cannot 'reboot' your system?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, I am a healer and a caregiver, so I can relate to what you wrote. I have been communicating with Amy about a super nutrition source that is helping people to perform miracles with their body.
    I wish I had known you and Amy when I came home to take care of my mom for 2 years in 2004, and my uncle for a couple months later.
    Pam Dunne is my cousin, Chris Dunne is my nephew, and Amanda Beadles is a great friend.
    I left peoria after hi school to become a monk for 10 years, and then I became a computer guru for 40+ years.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. A car? Stu and I were playing in the yard. This red Mazda sports car comes roaring up. Coolest car ever. You hop out and trot into to house. We just stared at the car. Nice car. That's what comes to mind when I think of you and cars.

    ReplyDelete