Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Acupuncture, TCM, Stem Cell Research and Wishful Thinking

Time to tell you what I've been doing besides sitting around sulking over my condition. Early on, I got advice from other ALS sufferers (These are people I have yet to meet. I am nowhere near ready to witness a crystal ball future in the flesh. I have yet to hear of a cancer patient healing upon visiting another) who, upon hearing of my diagnosis, suggested I quit my job right away and live my life as if there were no tomorrow. Any offer resembling advice practical for my situation was non-existent. I hope to one day enter an ALS clinic and offer a chance at a cure. Unless I lose my mind in this debacle, I have full intentions to work as long as I can, doing whatever I can and digging in mentally until I crack this nut. I have been so pre-occupied with finances, rolling visitations and emotional Screaming Eagle's (roller coaster reference) that my efforts at healing have taken a back seat. Well, no more. I am now going to explore the world outside my neurologist's office. I've done some scouting, you see...........................

Acupuncture-
I have had several sessions with a great Dr. Zhang, lately in the Quad Cities. Not only can he slow the fasciculations for a while, but he's a chiropractor as well as a massage therapist as well as a neurosurgeon in China. He can give me temporary relief here and knows the head of neurology in Bejing, China, and has been instrumental in helping us weed out the bogus clinics there practicing TCM.
TCM- (Traditional Chinese Medicine)
We have explored options in China involving TCM, and are still looking for a clinic with published records showing success in the treatment of ALS. Dr. Zhang feels stem cell treatments must accompany TCM for any long term benefits. Incidentally, TCM comprises the remedying factors of acupuncture (twice daily), massage (Chinese version) and varying herbal remedies. The typical TCM treatment duration is 2 months (In China). We are still considering this a potentially viable course of action.
Stem Cell Research-
Not a lot to report yet. Treatments in Mexico simply load me up with billions of cells for the disease to munch on. Like pouring water into a pail with a hole in it. (18K an injection). Other countries still experimenting. Problem is, a stem cell is a perfectly palatable morsel for glutamate gone wild.

Other- in the works- hypnosis, self-hypnosis, energy healing, pot, past life regression, radical detoxification, acupuncture directly related to yin/yang , meridian balance, Chi Kung brain washing (the good kind), visiting Orlando with family (Sept. 1) Visiting New Zealand with Rachel (Sept 20)- the list will never stop. WISH ME WELL.

2 comments:

  1. Let us know if we can help with China, if you decide to go. We have friends there in at least three cities. We could ask our friends to ask their friends... especially about practical issues, apartments, etc.

    Anne T Jo (better known to Amy as Jo Thomas)

    ReplyDelete