Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 31, 2011

I promised...........................

The good stuff.
While there is nothing good in having Lou Gehrigs disease- not a thing- there are realizations that appear, apparently borne out of the perception of terminality. (This may not have been a word before, but I present it as MY word (you are free to use it). I know, I know, LIFE is terminal. Save me. Try to think in real terms and avoid cliche. Whether I live for a month, a year or a decade, I currently possess a lethal Pacman chomping on my muscular system fueled by loads of glutamate powered motor neuron destroyers, bent on serving me up for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
That's bad. Good? I feel I've taken steps to slow down the dining process. Temporary relief has been brought about through hypnotism. At first, it seemed my stupid cognitive (conscious) mind ran roadblocks through a combination of control freak dementia and then through the process of trying too hard and wanting it to work too much. Both figured to waylay any real progress through communication with my subconscious. We've (when I say we I refer to my awesome wife, Amy, whom I trust to my core and who hypnotises me almost daily, mostly when I don't know it, likely with more success than when I stupidly intervene) had success on a few occasions when relating to "controls" or simply my perception of my brain control panel. I see the mind as the user and our brain as the computer capable of performing only the tasks for which it's been designated. Our cognitive abilities and our conscious mind can be considered metaphorically as the surface of a ball, while the duties and responsibilities of our sub-conscious mind represent the area within. You may say that the brain initiates involuntary action, and this likely is true, but the brain must be tasked to initiate everything, such as hitting F4 on your keyboard to begin a process. An area of thought is that my mind might have had cause to hit control z at some date, altering the processes that prevent human error in the brain's communication regarding enzyme controls monitoring glutamate production. The easy solution would be to revert back to before the perceived anomaly occurred and prevent the "switch" being toggled that gave me ALS. If a single incident triggered this crap, a single correction might do the trick. The key is to try, nothing lost with failure. Our conscious mind is fooled and deceived, tricked and influenced at every turn. We accept preposterous concepts without question, we agree with notions brought forth by others, by environment, through guilt, fear, hope and envy without researching the roots of the perceptions. We determine our course of action with emotion and apprehension, influenced by our history, our lives and our surroundings. Our sub-conscious mind, through literal interpretation, must filter these cognitive confusions and guide our body through it all. This is why we find physical manifestations connected to stress and trauma. This is why there is a distinct connection between what we are physically and what we are mentally. Don't put all your money on the notion we are what we eat, put the serious dough on the concept that we are what we think. If stress figures into much health malady in the world, (and it does), eating a hot dog and affecting your auto-immune system likely plays a small part in the potential for disease. I'll later touch on nutrition, as I believe good nutrition as an ALS combat tool is valuable. Finding a source or cause requires my looking behind my eyes. Ultimately, the onus is on me to beat ALS. I am determined to do so. All the outside help- family, friends, drugs, nutrition to balance the body and allow my auto-immune system to devote ALL it's armies in the battle, those devoted to pray, to direct energy, to help with words, with actions, with love- provides me with the confidence, the weaponry, the guile, the conviction and the power to eradicate this intruder. All support is needed and appreciated, but at the end of the day, only I can walk in my moccasins, and only I can muster up the energy to get the ship righted.

2 comments:

  1. A friend recently suggested a book for me to read, The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy, Phd, D.D. I'm finding it fascinating and am learning a new way to look at things. Your insights are very interesting and helpful. Thank you for your continued sharing of your journey. Your posts are helping all of our individual journeys. Ginny M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you think you can or you think you can't...You are probably right. This is a good start.

    ReplyDelete