Total Pageviews

Monday, August 15, 2011

Correction, once again

I must post here in order to make a correction in my verbiage found previously. While it sucks to be me, as I said, this statement only holds true for me, within the deep recesses of my mind, and should not be allowed out. I misinformed the public and suggested they take on the thought, make it a statement and move on. Well, stupid is I. My life could not be better were it not for ALS, and ironically, it is better because of ALS. I have reconnected with people I'd previously suspected I meant no more to than an acquaintance. I have been wished well by a plethora of folk who barely know me. Support has been incredible. I have transitioned from that macho male figure who bemoaned admitting love for those outside family to recognizing it's universality and embracing the term, using it and believing it and living within it's enfold.
I know, I said no mush. Sorry. (not really). What I actually mean is, while it sucks to have ALS, life as I am experiencing it, with all my friends and family, could not suck less. I am ever lucky and ever grateful for that.
Now that I've found my kinder, gentler voice, and have found a pathway to a calmer, less combative demeanor, let me say I love you all. I cannot limit this to those who have been active and forthcoming in their support. I extend my sentiments to all those out there who cannot process well my situation; those who feel uncomfortable even thinking of my plight. I extend my feelings of gratitude to those who find it impossible to approach me, who don't know what to say, what to do, how to act, for these apprehensions alone are evidences you care, and this is enough for me. Know I love you too.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know Tracy, I'm having trouble picturing you as "grandpa." I need to come down there and visit but life keps getting in the way. Someday soon.

    ReplyDelete