Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Off the track and filling a bucket

OK, so far you've heard me go on and on about ALS. I'm aware of the title of my blog. I have a self imposed duty to continue plowing and loading material on the subject until I run out of things to say. The truth is, I'll likely pile it up on this site long after every reader out there has had his fill. It has become apparent that a juggernaut is now in place, and my mind will (and needs to) segue to topics other than ALS. For those blurts of print, the bored and friendless may go to Randomless Observations at daddyboettcher.blogspot.com for relief. I will be your friend, provided you wholeheartedly agree with me on all fronts. If not, I really don't care much. (actually, I do)
Writing for me is now a necessity. I know the words will continue even if they stay forever buried in a Word document. (apropos). Maybe some day I'll write a book. For now, I lack the continuity to assemble a pamphlet. A work in progress.
On filling a bucket: This is not a bucket list. This is a bucket calender. My family is unbelievable. I dedicate too much print to me and give them next to none. I'll probably continue to do this because I can't be smarmy and sarcastic, judgmental or skeptical when I write about them. I don't want to short out my keyboard with tears. I would rather you assume the mush as it's easier than for me to relate it. Truth is, If I didn't have my family and boatload of friends, I might have joined Lou Gehrig already. My family lifts me up simply with their existence. The fact they like me and care about me moves me forward.
Oh, my immediates: Nick- Chicago, Rachel- somewhere between Copenhagen and Helsinki, Sarah, Tim, Alex, Isaac- Dallas, oh, yeah, and Amy- always within arm's reach.
OK- Here's my to do list for the next 2 months:
August 25, Rachel comes home to see me for the first time since my diagnosis- we will be joined at the hip from the moment I see her.
Sept.1 Amy, Rachel and I drive to Chicago, pick up Nick, get to Ohare, fly to Orlando, meet up with Sarah, Tim, Alex and Isaac, check into some kind of Buzz Lightyear hotel and spend 3 days at Disney World.
Sept. 17- Amy, Rachel and I drive up to Crusens on War Memorial Drive to catch Nick and his DriveTrain band play, joined by and featuring singer Paige DeChausse, a season 9 American Idol contestant who made it to Vegas.
Sept. 19- Rachel and I drive to Ohare, fly to Los Angeles, then fly to Auckland, New Zealand for 2 weeks of hopping from the north island to the south, doing? does it matter? It's New Zealand, do you need ask?
Sept 4, Rachel and I get home so we can schedule the next 3 months.
Can you say "silver lining"?

1 comment:

  1. "The fact that they like me and care about me..." Sorry to add to the mush pops, but I'm pretty sure we all love you, not just like. Long live the mush!!!

    ReplyDelete