Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Home, feeling better

It's all about state of mind. Not. Well, maybe. Let me ponder that. No. I dunno. I guess I had sepsis. Not good. The funny thing is, I didn't (and don't) have any open sores, ulcers or gaping gangrene. Nevertheless, it was a miserable experience. Warning: if you happen to have ALS, don't pick up another problem. Any symptoms you might collect are magnified exponentially if you have Gehrig's. Recently, I made the statement that I wasn't sure if I could write much more on my predicament, and that was wrong. I suppose sepsis was creeping up on me and dragging my brain into delirium. Now I'm better, figuratively speaking. Don't elate just yet, I'm still a quadriplegic, I still can't talk, swallow well, I still drool. Its just that after my stint in the hospital, even ALS feels like a new lease on life, however brief it may be. Since I have difficulty navigating my chair as my right hand approaches uselessness, the folks who provided my Permobil have decided to allow me to try a newly designed headrest mounted control system that would enable me to operate the chair without using hands. As it stands now, unless my hand is placed upon the joystick, I'm unable to move. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment: