Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 25, 2013

They're coming to take me away!

The rashes have disappeared since learning they were a figment of my imagination, leaving in a rush. All that remains are the two tiny appendages, withering and forlorn, detached and lonely as they wilt on my bedside table. A bird flew in the open door, swooping across the room, bent on making a snack of the little guys, thwarted by my Tobii alarm, frenzying the crow back outside. On the way out, the damn bird crapped on my forehead! The aviary fecal matter drained into my eye just as Amy ran in to see why I sounded my alarm. It was just about the time she burst out laughing that I noticed the nipple-like things had disappeared from the table. At that instant I discovered that bird poop smells like dirt. Even now I wonder whether those little guys crawled away or dried up and blew away. In some strange way, I miss them. They were my little buddies. Amy is looking at me like I'm nuts. I gotta go.

3 comments:

  1. One thing you haven't lost is your sense of humor. That's what you get for scaring the crap out of that bird. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is that saying........One bird with 2 hands is better than two birds in the bush......something like that? hahaha You're a funny, funny man Mr. B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark, hhaha! I should have moved my head! That I can still do

    ReplyDelete