Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Another in a long line of.....

To begin, let it be understood that even with a feeding tube perforating my gut, I am able to ingest any food I happen to like, without regard to nutrition, leaving the belly port for consumption of all medicines and foods less desirable. As unfortunate as this admission of need may be, the benefit offered Amy outweighs any argument I might wage toward procrastination, allowing her an additional entry point for the consumption of what I need but won't eat. Lets just agree that the best downhill path for me is strewn with obstacles to my descent, cumbersome though they may be. Whether my trajectory is skewed or not, services such as this tend to come to the aid of my beloved caregiver, in turn making my life slightly more palatable. I need to expand upon the dirge that has become my life. Though my mind remains intact to the point of ridiculous notions past, I have skewered its endeavors to the plane of reality upon which I currently reside, a sliding scale as it is. I don't pretend, contradictory to my nature, I fantasize, my strengths maintained, my abilities intact, my life restored to its original fervor. Thus I sleep, full again, functional, only to wake, where my reality takes over the bus on the hillside, aimed downward, with me on board, helpless within the juggernaut, ever hopeful for a gauntlet, impassable, preventing the completion of my ride.

4 comments:

  1. uuuuuu...uuhhh..uumm...okay...
    If you are saying that to make my life and yours easier you are willing to tube it for your health and benefit I thank you.
    If that's not what you are saying....huh???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, Amy you crack me up. Oddly, It's kind of like reading Steven King. When you're on board with the writer you understand the script. I hope the tube works out a little better than an ever present possibility of choking. I know that there are risks with having the tube, infection being one of them, but I'm pretty sure you have a spot-on nurse at home that can field that kind of stuff for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you two daily. We send our love and miss you both. Lots of love, Kathy and Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you two daily. We send our love and miss you both. Lots of love, Kathy and Lee

    ReplyDelete