Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Back to business

Back to business. Don't fret, my junkets into the land of make believe are just the....... Junkets. The two old posts simply represent the fact that I have figured out how to retrieve them from the archives, copy and paste with my eyegaze alone. We are investigating the merits of investing in a Tobii device that would allow me to interface with my PC using the eyegaze technology available today. My very expensive eyegaze computer, running Windows 7, has a slow processor and is not equipped with a competitive word processing program. Presently, I have no spell check, no thesaurus, no ability to paragraph, indent, change fonts, change size or any other feature provided by any decent program. If I'm to get serious about writing, I need the proper tools. My Cyberpower PC has everything I need except for the eyegaze component. I can buy it for $4,000 or try to get it through a program by providing a business plan showing how I can earn money with such an investment. It may be possible for me to use my Chief Architect program with the eyegaze attachment. At the very least, I could begin writing in earnest. With Microsoft Word, I could write more involved literature with correct structure. This would be a far cry from the conglomerations I have been churning out for the last 21 months. In other news, Wednesday was the day I met the guys from Permobil who dropped by to demonstrate and let me try out their new state of the art head control device for my chair. With this head array, I can drive, accelerate, turn, raise my chair, recline, tilt, raise and lower my legs and honk my pathetic horn, all with slight, proper movements of my noggin. The headrest is equipped with proximity switches so that I can activate them without even making contact. My personal unit will be installed in about two weeks. Since I presently have difficulty driving with my depleted right hand, two weeks time cannot go by fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment