Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I'd better get busy

The longest stretch between posts has just passed. Family is still here and I want them to stay forever. So much having been taken for granted over the years has been supplanted with a realization of what is really important that I have trouble absorbing the impact. I see much in a different light, maybe not so bright, but clear as day. 

I could detail our holiday here but I feel Amy would be the better choice to weigh in, what with her syrupy, down home verbiage, her honest and happy approach and her heartfelt ruminations. I might be inclined to skewer the experience with macabre sarcasm, normally clever, here maybe inappropriate.
  

As for my health- the general subject of this string- I wish I were in stasis, but I can't seem to get my hands on a flux capacitor. I am tired of and generally disappointed in daily assessments. This complicated week I have lost the consistency required for an effective battle against ALS. Today I plan to get back into a practical rotation- Wet cell, meditation, Chinese herbal treatment, hypnosis, honey water, garlic, pine nuts........... each possibly a part of the solution, together, hopefully, a big enough piece to produce a positive effect. I'd cross my fingers if it were currently possible. 

Last week, I hinted at the prospect of our moving. Today I am letting the cat out of the proverbial bag. We are moving to Dallas in the next few months. My assignment throughout this winter is to avoid slipping on ice, cracking my skull open and spilling my brains over the snow, creating an artwork of red and gray, simultaneously relieving me of the only vestige likely to remain of myself if and when ALS takes over all that is left. I joke, in poor taste I know. With my nearly extreme lack of balance and diminishing strength, falling badly looms large. I, however, believe that EVERYTHING is a laughing matter when the opposite is negative or depressing. It is ALWAYS funny until someone loses an eye, so.......... until I actually fall and bash my brains out, everybody has my permission to laugh their asses off. 

1 comment: