Total Pageviews

Monday, December 12, 2011

I hope you've prepared........

I am home from Florida and back at it, although not at the Cyberpower super computer designed to withstand the most graphic heavy gamer use available. That PC piece of crap is presently fried green tomatoes. I switched my Logitech keyboard to my always functional, always reliable 8 year old Apple G5, knowing deep in my heart that my PC experience is not a rare event, but the price you pay for the price you pay. I erroneously thought that my PC would have been too embarrassed to crap out when residing right next to a fully functioning Mac that is old enough to be its grandfather. I am convinced, now experienced with both platforms, owning a Samsung net book slow junker as well as my PC desktop, that any criticisms of Apple are borne out of jealousy, inexperience or ignorance. My guess is that those hard liners would rather suffer through ownership of three $800 trashcan worthy HP's than one $2,400 long lasting, faster Mac. I could do without the aggravation.

Enough about the nonsense. OH, maybe not- my loving Kindle is apparently out to a permanent lunch. It might be caused by my reading selection, now lost- Steve Jobs. Don't it figure.

It's time to explain why we found ourselves basking in the sunshine of Naples, Florida this past week. We have friends (I am ever thankful for them all), in this case, friends who have a beautiful 3,800 square foot home on a canal in Naples, a vacation home replete with a pool, outdoor spa, indoor Jacuzzi and myriad amenities. They simply handed us the keys and said "have fun", which is what we did. I plan to put Amy at my desk to describe an amazing week. Look for it.

About my condition:

It still sucks to be me. Of course, it would suck a lot more if not for all the love and support I receive, but it still sucks. I feel it necessary to update my condition at least each week because I read changes in my physiology nearly every day. Sadly, these changes are not for the better.  My capacity to function physically is partially measured by my capacity to cope. I am much less steady than a month ago. My fingerprints can be found on every surface within reach. So far, no prints can be found on any floors, nor can be found any clear footprints since my walking mimics what you do to mix up a deck of cards. When fingerprints are found on the floor, you will know I've splatted. Likely, only right hand prints will be visible since my left refuses to cooperate. Nose prints may also be available, sorry for the blood. I have a hell of a time lifting my left foot high enough to enter a car. Usually, Amy guides it over and shoves my butt into the seat. She is very good at levering me- into a car, a bed, a chair, a couch, the pool, the bathtub, the shower; I lever myself onto the toilet, just in case you were wondering- and I know you were wondering.  Drying myself off after a shower is highly ineffective, posing a definite problem when dressing- try pulling tidy whiteys up wet legs with one hand. Hell, I have enough problem finding the leg holes without snagging a toe. Socks can stay in the drawer. A shirt? As long as one is close by, the pits don't stink too bad (especially the right one, usually a near miss with the deodorant), and very large, I'll slip it on. By this time I am so exhausted that the idea of walking melts down to riding in the chair. I need two hands to drink coffee, one weak, one worthless, both burned. My left shoulder screams for steroids as the weakening continues to wreak havoc with my tendinitis. My feet are beginning to swell as I approach a more sedentary life. If I could walk more I would, but I know those around me see me as an accident waiting to happen. In my case, a big one. Other than that, I continue on as jovial as ever as I prepare for Christmas, even donning a big belly and exhaling a hearty "oh! oh! oh! You want more? I'll give you more. Tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. hair dryer for tidy whitey prep after shower?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are you still walking on your own. no cane, walker, wheelchair? And it's time for an, aide to help you bathe and dress. Broken bones complicate ALS bmig-time! Is your ALS clinic helping with this?

    ReplyDelete