Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Enough with ALS

Tomorrow, Sarah, Tim, Alex and Isaac arrive in Peoria and the Christmas season officially begins. I want to set aside all unnecessary conversation about my predicament and revel in the holiday. If I had a vote, I would change the name from Christmas to Family Day because I find the medicinal effect of my kids, their kids, my friends and my extended family to carry the day- Somehow, I think God would have it no other way.

This year all my kids are home. This year, more than others, will be about the kids. My niece is providing us with her beautiful new daughter to fawn over, Alex is old enough to remember this year and Isaac is no longer the baby he was last year, but a little man. The change in him, to me, is extraordinary. I expect nothing less than happy mayhem .

I cannot commandeer the kitchen as I once did, but my influence will be visible. On tap this weekend shall be- as an appetizer at Suza's- a crock pot of my personal best chili, toppings to include cheddar cheese and sour cream, adorned with Frito's Scoops for, well, scooping. At home, Christmas day, the opening bell will announce my Egg Breakfast Extravaganza. The later rounds shall offer a bone in spiral cut ham with my secret pineapple/orange attached glaze weep, cooked in and later slathered on. The championship rounds shall consist of- leftovers.

I expect to offer rides on my wonderful Jazzy both days. The only requirement is that you think I'M COOL. I promise not to bite. I will do my best not to break any ankles.



No comments:

Post a Comment