Total Pageviews

Friday, December 16, 2011

Another day, another story

I have a morbid fascination with the goings on within my body. It is difficult to define the particulars without a control with which to compare. I'm really not interested in discovering the extent of symptoms of other ALS sufferers simply because I would rather learn mine through my own experience without external influence. My journey must be virgin. I would rather be blind to the possibilities, my brain uncluttered with the angst of the paths of others. I've had enough negative imprints to shrug off, those informing me of my mortality and my fate without a visual imprint of where I might end up. Mystery is much more inviting than probability or statistics. For those not afflicted, likely also many of those who are, knowing what's coming would be the preferable track. Problem is, nobody can guarantee the progress and those who claim to know are charlatans, damaging anyone they delude, afflicted or not. If I'm told I'm going to get punched in the face, I brace for the shot and take it on the chin; If I'm told I might suffer an assault, I can devise my defense knowing getting hit is not a forgone conclusion.


No comments:

Post a Comment