Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 22, 2011

I'm tired of due diligence

Stiff upper lip. Positive attitude. Look on the bright side. Avoid negative energy. Pray, God will help. Have faith. Everything happens for a reason. Cherish each day. It could be worse. Live life.


Forewarning: This post contains material unsuitable for those who subscribe to the notion that I am a pillar of strength, a fortress of power and will, that I am any more than a man who was dealt a shit hand and am finding that "all in" isn't going to win me the pot. I don't always sugar coat my thoughts, but I write after reflexion and self analysis. My conclusions may be dark on occasion but they don't represent the gut emotions as they manifest themselves. Today I spit out how I feel AS I feel it. Every morning I get up and bang off the walls on my way to the toilet. Each day I discover a new challenge in the form of diminished balance, increased dysfunction. EVERY DAY. A little reminder that I am on a downhill ride, and so far I can't get off. Dressing is a bitch. I huff and I puff and moan and groan and it does no good. I have trouble holding the newspaper with two hands. I spill my coffee on the way to the living room unless I pour it into a quart container. My teeth are scared because the tooth brush enters from the wrong side. I need steroids injected into my left shoulder to calm an old injury come to life thanks to ALS. I'm beginning to understand that the joys in life need to come to me because I cannot search them out. Entering and exiting a car is beginning to pose a greater problem. 
I seem to be best at sitting. Once I sit down, I don't feel much ALS effect. My legs look normal but they don't function properly. Sitting down asks them to do nothing, and I'm alright with that. So, with all this in mind, pardon me if I don't get up- I mean no disrespect.

2 comments:

  1. Tracy,

    I will have to say I was very excited to read your first paragraph! I do pray for my PALS and you are one of them! ~ Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thrilled to just have you come and sit and watch my class. anytime you want an assist going somewhere,just call.or just call if you want to go nowhere and just talk. 24/7 !!!

    ReplyDelete