Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Aftermath

Good and bad, I qualified for a part time care giver of my choice- except that my first choice, Amy, is ineligible in the state of Illinois. I have been granted 4.75 hours per day, 6 days a week. Now I can ask for and receive help performing all the mundane tasks formerly taken for granted. I won't go into details. I expect Rachel to temporarily fulfill these duties. She helped me in New Zealand and knows my limitations. If my condition worsens as I've been told, I will fire Rachel and hire a big German woman named Gretchen, experienced and distant, obedient and strong, who speaks no English. She can tote me around like a rag doll.

5 comments:

  1. http://local.dinnerexplorer.com/images/themes/a2d9f9d94beb43d5845d0d7100bfa504.jpg

    Gretchen?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, any German name. Suggestions? I'm willing to host a competition...............

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, so Gretchen is a bad choice, I agree. I would like a vote on an appropriate replacement. I will then edit my post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helga?
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=helga

    ReplyDelete