Total Pageviews

Friday, October 14, 2011

Simplification

OK, I admit that my last two posts might have crossed some kind of referential line between narrative and docu-fantasy. Problem is, I often expand my thoughts and experiences through metaphorical story, and it might get confusing when I parallel terminologies when they have specific meaning to me. I could simply say.....yadayadayada if I were a man of few words, but I am not. No words can explain what I'm going through, so if I kept my mouth shut, it is certain that nobody would have a clue as to my situation. So, as a converse,  I blab and I parallel and I simile and I blab hoping some understanding bleeds forth. Some of my concepts are oblique, but rest assured nothing I write is parable. All I write is a direct extension of factual material. Nothing about ALS needs to be expanded upon. There is enough material borne of the disease to fill pages forever. I just have my own way.

After all that, my basic message, and my most recent post identifies a culprit not limited to ALS ailment. It references the entanglement of a negative, or terminal diagnosis and how it steers the emotions. Many  sufferers never get the bad vibes out of their heads. No cure, as a statement, is inaccurate. Terminal disease follows suit. These disastrous words implant fatalistic thoughts that never dissolve. They must be overcome. If a soldier KNOWS he will die in battle, his fight, seen to him as a lost cause, has been lost. Tell him there is hope, however little, and he will have reason to give his all. All we need is to be given a fighting chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment