Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The saga that is Amy

I left off exhilarated at the news that Amy loved me. She really, really loved me. From that day on our relationship developed at a frenetic pace. When I made proclamations I shot from the hip, while she shot from the heart. At first it was difficult for me to believe anyone would give themselves wholly to me- I once tested her resolve, resulting in the realization that I was a fool to question her- with no reservations.

I am certain that we set a new standard of commitment to each other based upon our relationship today. We set the bar high and have clung to it ever since.

We often discussed what our kids would look like. We agreed they would have big legs since we both were so endowed. We determined, based on my gap and her overlap that our kids would have good tooth alignment. We considered names. Not the things most teenagers spend time discussing.

We bought a car together. A 1959 pink Rambler Convertible with no brake lines. For 55 dollars. I'll tell you about that later....................................

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to have that car now! My father-in-law had a pinkish Rambler hardtop. He covered rusty areas with duct tape and touch-up paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom brought me home from the hospital in a Rambler. It wasn't a convertible though. Torwards the end of the cars life, Dad hand painted it. We would ask to be dropped off a little ways away from where we were going!

    ReplyDelete