Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 22, 2012

I am still here

I try to post often enough to keep readers interested, coughing up sarcastic witticisms or clever diatribes, no doubt to keep a particular audience, while delving into my childhood in order to satiate the balance. I continuously search for a writing element appropriate for an audience category yet to be determined. On any given day I'm likely to loose a few to boredom as I re-gnash conversation and dialog to tell the same story- with attachments. In the end, clever is too weak to carry the day. I write from my head rather than from my heart. I'm working on that.


While I'm somewhat prolific while writing this blog, I fall far short in individual communication. My personal analysis is simple: When I post, my message is directed toward nobody in particular. If I email someone, I have the responsibility to direct myself toward meaningful, personal conversation. I'd much rather imagine than experience. My brainthink is comfortable in one-way narrative while my heartthink remains infantile and fearful of personal contact. Telephone contact is even more complicated by my deteriorating speech patterns. If I get emotional, my articulation takes a dive. I am aware of those who worry about me, I am equally aware that I fail to communicate with too many. This does not mean I fail to acknowledge them all- you all. I certainly miss my old world. My new one is just developing and looks to be bright. ALS does not cause amnesia. I remember everything, everybody. And I long.


I write as if I were addressing a large crowd. I take in everyone without focusing on anyone. I need to be more intimate. I need to focus. I need to listen to my heart and trust what it says. Like I said- I'm working on that.

4 comments:

  1. Now I get it....was wondering what was up. When you're ready to talk or write, I will be here, until then, do what works for you. I'll just keep sending emails and will continue to read your blog...take care bro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, You can communicate any way you choose. I am picking this post today as my own. Dan bolted to a buddies house today when he realized it was cleaning day, so I am home by myself......bored out of my mind. Cleaning isn't so fun. haha It was kind of nice to share a few minutes with a friend albiet in print who cares. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya know, I need to simplify my posts. The problem is, by the time I write my thing, with the middle finger of my right hand, I'm too tired to do much else. Know that I read all my correspondence and answer everything in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mind is the only place I can be right now my friend. I too long for the old days,even a year ago.only in our minds!

    ReplyDelete