Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A call to arms, hands

If I were simply a paraplegic I could propel and manipulate a manual wheelchair, but as it is my left hand, attached to my left arm, attached to my left shoulder is relatively useless, like an appendix, though an appendage, mostly in my way, precludes me from turning my left wheel. My right hand, attached to my right arm, attached to my right shoulder is currently halfway down a path to join my left. When they meet, the pair will join together in uselessness in my lap. Don't be discouraged, my lap functions perfectly in all manners. I am currently adjusting to and learning of the advantages of being fed at all meals. Fortunately, I can still hold a hot dog long enough to shove it in my mouth. 


I'm sure that for some this is hard to read. Keep in mind and rest assured that every day my life improves as I get to know my grandsons, my kids as adults, look forward to swimming pool life, ride the parks alongside Amy as she learns how to manage her new one speed, always enjoying every day I've been allotted.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, it is hard to read although certainly not nearly as hard as I'm sure it is to live it. Your attitude is amazing under the circumstances. Did you ever know you'd be an inspiration? A hero? The wind beneath our wings? You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. definition of a 'Hero'? one who inspires others to be better human beings??? that would be you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. better definition! one brave enough to share his innermost feelings with the world!!! guess what,you again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heroes are examples of living the greatest love possible. Thank you Tracey for sharing your gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a great TED talk (look them up if you haven't heard of them) on the inventors of a really cool device that will allow you to type and "talk" with your eyeballs. Specifically created for an Artist with ALS, who can now continue to create art. AND I think they provide them for low or no cost. I wish I could remember the company name, but totally worth it to keep "hearing" you after you can't type anymore!

    ReplyDelete