Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Not up early

My outlook on life in general, dimmed by my situation, varies depending upon a number of factors, lately chief among them being medication. My body seems to have an aversion to drugs. Any drugs. If a product is designed to help me sleep, I stay awake. Anti anxiety pills make me anxious. The last couple of days I have been, loosely interpreted, under the influence, causing me to rap negative, maybe appropriately, spelling out minutiae experiences I might not otherwise have shared. I have no regrets, and shall have none as long as the narcotic pentathol allows me enough restraint not to get gross. Today  I am drug free.

OK, so this post is entitled "Not up early" and that was true yesterday, but today it is 4:15 AM, I am still drug free, bright eyed and bushy tailed, somehow rested after 4 hours of interrupted sleep. Could be I haven't burned fifty calories in three months and four hours is plenty. I dunno.

News flash: We just got word that the 53' moving van will capture our street around 9am Monday. This is the earliest date within the mover's range of pickups. This means we will lose Internet, cable and all other benefits of having a home come Saturday. We plan to stay in a hotel Sunday night and I will be sequestered the following day as the movers mobilize my world. We will stay in the hotel Monday night and hit the road for Dallas Tuesday morning.

I will continue to post the next few days but come Saturday, hopefully following one last blather, I will be putting my blog on hiatus. I will occasionally quip from my ipad or iphone, but any significant stuff will have to wait until  I'm set up in Texas. Don't expect this break to slow me down; on the contrary, I plan to amp up my posts once this moving thing is behind us.

I will be posting and notifying everybody in P-town whenever we expect to return, whether for Nick and Paige gigs, Drivetrain gigs- Peoria, Chicago and everywhere else, holidays and family gatherings, miscellaneous happenings or for no particular reason at all. I expect to see many of you more often than when we lived there.

Soon I will give out any new contact information. Thanks to so many friends who have become my brothers and sisters, giving me the biggest family on the face of the earth. I love you all!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck..and have a great time...hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WILL see you again! have a safe move

    ReplyDelete
  3. Illinois won't be the same without you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As hard as it will be on you, let others move things, and you stay safe:)

    ReplyDelete