Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My condition today

The shot didn't work. Well............ maybe it did, sort of. While I'm sure the steroid calmed my tendinitis it helped me naught when my arm spun back in bed last night. The same pain, the same intensity and the same duration. My right shoulder occasionally mimics the left, not a good sign. My left hand can squish a hot dog with its clench, though the hot dog left undamaged slips from my grasp and hits the floor. My right hand refuses to rotate palm up. The ALS works on your ulna and radius, contorting them in a manner that is so significant that the skin appears twisted when the arm is forced into the proper rotation. I had hoped the disease would have spared my right arm. Such a disappointment.

If I were to describe what is going on within me, outside the obvious fasciculations, I would say that my muscles, all of them now, have disintegrated as a team. Each muscle has a mind of its own and each muscle is insane. The result is yours to imagine.


2 comments: