Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Okay!

Okay. I've got something.

I'm often reminded of all who are praying for me, and I often wonder exactly what they are asking for. Do they pray for me to get well, accept Christ, suffer less.......

Do those who pray for me feel it is within God's power to heal me? If he can, should he? Why? Do those who pray for me pray for my eternal soul or for my physical wellness?

I'm curious as to what people think about my chances. I'm not interested in watered down, emotionally driven condolence. I want the truth. If I can stand up to ALS, figuratively of course, I'm strong enough to hear the truth. I want to hear it.

Please understand that I'm grateful for all of your prayers. I'm in no way dismissing their effect or your sincerity. I just wonder what the prayers consist of. What is the mantra. What do you ask? What support from God am I due? Why would I deserve any special consideration?

I don't sugar coat much of anything. I never have. I've always tried to teach by example, by demonstration. I miss that. I'm often at a loss when I can't. Like now.

The real truth is in my deeds, my contribution, my ability to change people for the better. Now that my life has gone into receivership I ask you to pray for my living body. The afterlife, whatever it is or if it is, holds no interest for me. I'm in the now and I'm not patient. I'm tired of my singular modality. I want the impossible. I want it immediately and I want it completely. I've done my penance. I'm ready for everybody to pray that I walk and talk. Now. Please get on it.

Rant concluded. 
Leading by example

1 comment:

  1. When they say that GOD moves in mysterious ways, nobody ever said that we have to like it. God knows and we don't and HE does what we can't and HE rewards whom he wishes and whom HE doesn't. Our outcome is predetermined but we have the option to change it by being good and doing good. The rewards may be many but not necessarily within our grasp. Life on earth is a one shot deal while eternal life is just that. Prayers are only an acceptance and not a condition of it. LIVE, LOVE and ENJOY while you can, but be GOOD.

    ReplyDelete