Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Today I made a decision

About 90 minutes ago I made the decision to retire from carpentry. This does not mean I am giving up contracting, it means that I'm not likely to strap on a nail apron, cut a rafter, lift a wall or do anything related to that which has sustained me and my family for 35 years. It is a sad day for me. I simply lack the physical ability to do the work. At some point I will post a few pics showing off a few of the projects Boettcher Design, Construction can be proud of. Look for more as I add to this post. Sucks to say goodbye to something I've loved for so long.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Tracy, how about posting your blog address on your info page on FB?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am sad that at this moment Tracy has decided to put aside the physical day to day grind of the career that he loves so much.
    I will be encouraging him to actually post pictures of some of the incredible work he has done over the last 30 years.
    On the other hand...It will be nice to not have to worry about my monkey man dangling 24 feet in the air off scaffolding on 100 degree days with the wind blowing while he balances an 800lb. beam on his shoulder waiting for a team of gorillas to pick up the other end (sorry Jim and Steve).
    I look forward to Tracy sharing some of his ridiculously varied vast knowledge using his brains as much as his brawn in the near future.
    If you have a question about building, Technical Drawing, recipes, Tae Kwon Do, Teaching, Child Rearing, history, writing, reading..... Just ask!!!
    Tracy has cheated the world out of his input for far too long in my opinion!
    I look forward to the masterpieces Tracy will create as he moves into the creative business world of building as he enjoys Designing with his new love CAD!
    Can't wait to hear your comments and questions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The above comment was written my me, his loving wife! I'm still trying to catch up with the technology that Tracy so dearly loves.

    ReplyDelete