Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Conditions

For those of you who want more from me, I oblige. Don't take this as negative, but as a fill-in to what is obvious for someone in my condition. All struggles do not meet the eye.

Breathing : shallow, due to a weak diaphragm caused by motor neuron death and the depletion of healthy muscle cells. Example, when I yawn, afterwards I cannot inhale until my sluggish diaphragm catches up with the process. Also, I lack the ability to separate inhale and exhale between mouth and nose. This problem prevents me from blowing my nose or sneezing properly. Any distress prevents me from exhaling through my nose. I must consciously relax in order to regain the ability. Sometimes my anxiety gets the better of me and I feel like I'm suffocating. If I'm in bed, I need to be put in my wheelchair. Lately I've been able to do better at focusing through this with meditation.

Swallowing : I can't really eat anything with texture. My swallow reflex is diminished, resulting in food not going down with one effort. The result is alarming. I'm always on the alert when I experiment with solids. I've learned to enjoy a pureed BLT! Don't dismiss it until you try.

Nerve problems in my legs : incessant.

Drooling : out of my mouth, sorry. At least I'm able to hide it.

Gut ache : more controlled than before.

Bad breath : this might have been a pre-existing injury.


Don't assume I'm getting worse. On the contrary, I've been worse and I'm not about to go down that road again. The only way to heal in to get better in your mind. Everything else follows. It's just common sense.

1 comment:

  1. If it was COMMON sense then most people would understand it. I think it's UNCOMMON sense that we are trying to get to world to understand.

    ReplyDelete