Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Off the reservation, I

TIME. Nothing but. Not enough. Wasted. Out of. And time again. Up. Out. Of the essence. No. Heals. Like the present. All in the world. Is on my side. In a bottle. Cop. Travel. Machine. And space. Warp. Linear. Circular. Before. Less. On. Past. About. Never on. Ly. In. Just in. In the nick of. It's clobberin'. Magazine. What. How much. How little. A limited. Sensitive. Stamp. Record. Slowest. Faster. Every. Never on. Restricted. Limit. Less. Fixed.
      I could go on, but if I do the references to time will waste my...... Time, will continue to be a waste of....... Time, will consume too much of my...... Time, will be a waste of........... TIME!
      Amy is feeling marginally better. I feel pretty good. My family is great.
      Tomorrow I go to my quarterly ALS clinic. I hate it because I'm thrust into the reality of the medical community that monitors decline and ignores improvement. This is not my reality nor is it a fair environment for my particular assessment.
     The only reason we attend is to keep a connection to the sources of gadgetry available to help me function while in my temporary state of disrepair. The only fate suffered worse than mine at the hands of clinic is absorbed by my neurologist, who must interview patient after patient, the vast majority being as resigned as he to the misconception that we are all doomed to failure. Year after year the process remains unchanged, thus guaranteeing unchanged results, guaranteeing failure.
      So, why do I go? For the gadgets?! Yup.
     Why else? So that I can get well on their watch, so they may post their first victory, so they may confusedly rejoice, so they may be asked how in the world this could come to be, so they must shrug, so they must defer to me, me. So I may change the world, booyaa!

2 comments: