Total Pageviews

Monday, October 7, 2013

A plea

Today Amy is very sick and it again dawns on me that she attends to me every hour of every day. I hate that she is sick. I hate that I am sick. Today I have no interest in posting clever little sentences with clever word selection. Basic rules today. I feel pretty good and my biggest task is to convince Amy that it is okay for her to care for herself. After all, its not like I'm going to run off or spend money.
She dedicates herself to me, the kids, the grandkids, everything. I am like a special needs child who can't even roll over in bed. I jam my thumb every hour and Amy is always there to fix it. She feeds me, she bathes me, she hugs me, she loves me. Those who know her see only a part of who she is. Until this terrible disease grabbed me, I didn't see all of her. Now I do. She may not believe it, but I do. We are more intimately entwined than seemed possible a few years ago. I need her, yes. I love her more. I sincerely believe I cannot live without her. I am certain I don't want to. Get well, get well Amy

5 comments:

  1. Get well Amy! Sending healthy thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing to me that someone who struggles each day with ALS can be so caring and sympathetic to a little tummy trouble.
    I love love love you TB. All you reading....go take Pepto cause I know all this sweet mushy stuff must make you all wanna puke:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. actually I feel the same about my wife!!! hope you feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love is the best medicine around. Sending love from the farm... :)

    ReplyDelete