Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Brimstone hostility

Alphonse found Gregory lying all but dead, his wound a mass of green flies, his head resting in an entrail salad and vomit dressing. His pants were stiff with dried blood. Alphonse took in the hillside. "Greg, you sure made a mess out of an easy assignment! " he hollered knowing full well Gregory was in no shape to respond, near death as it were. "Yeah, you really screwed the pooch this time."
      what is this?
      Does anybody remember Gregory? Does anybody really care? Do I care? No. Not really. If you ask, I'll repost his gross chapter.
     I need space from myself. Wherever I go, there I am. Since I can only move my head you can see my problem.
     A large part of the vitriolic rants over the presidency transcends political viewpoint and descends toward racism and cowardice. I don't care to elaborate now, but the first female president will experience her own gender demonry.
      Young Earth Creationists. Enough said.
     
      Are we alone in the Universe? No way.
      Are we one with God? In our own minds.
      Is one religion right? Much more likely none are right.
      Am I an Atheist? No, I think their religion is wrong as well.
      Agnostic? No. I care too much.
      Political party? I am dismayed that the GOP has abandoned, largely under Bush, the concept of limited government. I am disappointed that the Dems cannot come to grips with the realities of dealing productivity with dissension within the GOP ranks. I find most facebook shares involving political views to be offensive whatever the slant. I'm generally conservative, but I refuse to be labeled as a camp dweller on either side. Conservative should not be mistaken as Christian any more than Liberal should be synonymous with Atheism. You can't pigeonhole me.
      Women in the military?? Certainly they have the right. Personally, I know some women who could prevail over some men I know. (funny sentence)
      I'm done for now.

2 comments:

  1. What the heck Sybil? I......uh??? Did this drift from one of your stories (yes repost so I can catch up) to your political religious views?
    I am thrilled that you are writing. I'd be more thrilled if you could prove you can write something involving fairies and sunshine and uneventful adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with almost everything you stated in this post. On the political I think the offensiveness (not to excuse it) comes from frustration with what's going on and the seeming inability to do anything about it. When you mentioned racism I hope you don't mean against Obama because he's black. I know there's some of that out there but I don't personally know anybody that thinks that but I know we are all accused of it. Off the top of my head I can list 5 black's that I would gladly vote for to be president. Also, about your story at the beginning, it is very intriguing but I don't have a clue where it came from. Please elaborate.

    ReplyDelete