Total Pageviews

Monday, December 16, 2013

Special, special heartfelt

This post is about all that is good when it comes to family. Today I focus on my son, Nick, and, through association, Paige Dechausse, now a member of the family in all ways important.
      When I was diagnosed in March of 2011, Nick was making a living as a musician and guitar instructor in Chicago, performing most every night and teaching most every day. We lived in Peoria at the time and the three hours between was workable. A year after my diagnosis we moved to Dallas and screwed up the distance to a thousand miles.
     This September, Nick and Paige uprooted and moved, essentially naked, to Austin, three hours or so southwest of us. They both have sacrificed everything they had in Chicago to venture into unknown territory, Nick to be closer to me and Paige to stay close to him and, I hope, to be near me because I'm so darn cool.
      Please check out the link that Rachel has included in this post. Realize that it benefits me greatly to see Nick and Paige succeed in view of all they have given up to come to Texas. Please help support them in their efforts to bring music and love into my world and the world at large. All of your generosity will certainly be payed forward. Their goal is the moon and stars. Thanks


http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/611190169/nick-and-paige-ep-and-winter-tour-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment