Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Greetings everyone.  Dad asked me (Rachel) to write a little something on his blog for Christmas.  Needless to say, my guts are churning and my knees are shaking at the prospect of attempting to live up to his literary prowess, but I will try my best. 
I hate to say this, because it's what old people say, but this year went by so quickly!  I blinked and it was gone. I suppose that means I am getting old.  Remember when you were young and a month seemed like an eternity? But now, life is flying by at a ridiculous rate.  
It's almost 2014.  I can say it's been an eventful year.  A new nephew and my brother moving to this state are the highlights of the year.  This is the first Christmas in a long time that our entire family is living in the same state.  Ok- so that was usually my fault as I am the nomad of the family.  But I have to say, I'm really looking forward to this holiday. There doesn't seem to be that ever-present pressure of holidays past.  No worries about catching a plane.  No worries about having everything packed.  No worries about needing to borrow someones car for any last minute errands.  No worries about weather stopping our ability to come together.  
I feel like this Christmas we are all just so happy to be together, that it's going to be a fabulous day.  I foresee great food, fun games, music, laughter and a fair amount of insanity.  I see the kiddo's running around in a new-toy adrenaline-fueled whirlwind until they pass out in a sugar and carb induced coma.  I see lots of hugs happening.  I see thank yous and happy faces galore. Yep, I think it's going to be a wonderful Christmas.  
I wish you all an amazing holiday.  Appreciate each other.  Trust me, things can happen that turn your life upside down and inside out, but family is always family.  
Merry Christmas,
Rachel   
        

4 comments:

  1. Thank you! Merry Christmas to an amazing family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Rachel! I agree! It's going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you all!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to all the whole Boettcher family!!!!

    ReplyDelete