Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 2, 2013

An afterword An afterword An afterword

Okay, three afterwords! Tomorrow morning we leave for California. Amy has done every single thing to prepare for this trip along with taking care of my moment by moment needs. She is the real life wonder woman. We will be gone nearly a month, returning on the 27th or so. Consider this undertaking for a moment. Amy, 54, will drive every mile on the way out. She and I will communicate via a pre programmed set of phrases entered into the voice interpreter, quick talk, on my Tobii. She will know my needs when I gaze at the phrase and the computer speaks. Our only other form of communication will be body language. This is why my first miracle request of my Qigong master will be to return my ability to speak. It is both interesting and disconcerting that losing my ability to talk is in many ways worse than all my other losses. I am certain that many, though too polite to comment, consider this trip nothing less than dangerous folly. Well, today and tomorrow and the next offer me a return to my former life, where my sense of adventure was manifested in reality rather than left mouldering within my imagination.

3 comments:

  1. That has to be disconcerting! Praying your miracle request is granted! Go Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our adventure has already begun because courage is the first step. I appreciate the the cautions, the carefuls, the circus nets. Every detail has been examined from every angle like a 3-D chess match and yet you never know....you just never know what will happen which is the definition of an Adventure. Many have cautioned and worried and every word is heard and considered but still we will make this leap because...after all... this is Super Tracy we are talking about. No matter what ALS has taken Tracy is still Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,I shall fear no evil'. I believe in both you and Amy to do what is right for YOU! never falter from your own beliefs and ideals! get your voice back so your spirit can soar. holler if you need help!!!

    ReplyDelete