Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

ER adventures

Three visits to the ER in one month and feeling just as shitty after each visit has impressed upon me that testing for anomalies has nothing to do with solving my problem any more than stabbing me quickly will shorten the duration of my pain. My veins are diminished, thus finding them is problematic. More for me than the nurses, certainly. Add the North Dallas Forty Nick Nolte knee injection technique employed by the respiration Witch as she plunged a horse needle at a right angle three quarters of an inch deep directly into the inside of my wrist. This form of brutality extended far beyond the invasive nature of bringing a quart of blood from my collapsed veins ten minutes previous. This crap yielded what? If I didn't scream it was not for lack of trying!

The reason for this most recent ER excursion was terrifying for all. I suddenly became severely agitated and dizzy. I might even have lost cognitive ability during the episode. Amy grabbed the blood o2 and heart rate monitor and put it on my finger. While my oxygen was okay, my heart rate was down 45 beats per minute from normal. I couldn't breathe and my legs locked out. My head lolled to the left and the room spun. I was totally out of it.

By the time we made it to the hospital my heart rate had returned to normal but the shakes and spasms continued. This just has to stop, please. It's making Amy a nervous wreck. It appears that this episode is quite common. A reset of sorts. Well, f**k that!

1 comment:

  1. No shit f##k that! Get your shit togehter and quit f###ing around. I know what you mean about ERs. I visited ER this winter after eating Cathy's chilli!. I had worst stomach ache and blew chow then ran fever for days. Turns out I had an infected gall bladder. They removed it and now I am fine and can eat whatever? Makes me wonder why the heck we have gall bladders?? Go figure... Only cost 30K to have it removed. I think it is some sort of conspiracy.

    ReplyDelete