Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Devices

An artificial appendage now protrudes from beneath my left front ribcage. The quarter inch device extends ten inches from wound to valve, a complexity of turn buttons and insertion points akin to a Rube Goldberg delivery device. It dangles to and fro, often tugging my flesh as gravity dictates from my position. Welcome to the Lopez Valve.

Even after a week my body is still trying to reject the tube. On occasion the muscles surrounding the insertion location convulse and move the tube in and out.

As fluid and sludge is injected into my stomach I feel it pour in; cool, warm, gassy, unpleasant......

The psychological effect brought about by observation of the process is stunningly depressing. I wouldn't have thought it so. For me, this is only until I'm cured or dead. An eternity either way.

The Trilogy breathing apparatus discussion is for another day.

Don't get me wrong, these devices help me. I'm just pissed off that I've come to the point where they are necessary.

1 comment: