Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Damn!

I have discovered the holy grail of disadvantage. Due to the fact that I have been self employed since January of 1985 I am hamstrung and hogtied, flailing away, largely ineligible to obtain funding for a device that would enable me to not only write more efficiently and practically, but also give me access to and operation of my Chief Architect CAD program.
      If I had slung burgers at Mcdonald's prior to being diagnosed with ALS, I would have been eligible for more funding or training through the DARS program here. As it stands, my expertise works against me. The requirements for funding include the need to provide a service that is in demand, which categorically excludes writing or publishing, apparently because there is no demand for literature.
      So, we are investigating other options for funding. Meanwhile, I continue to write. The irony here is that I must write for profit in order to afford to buy the device that would allow me to write for profit.
      I need to cool down.

2 comments:

  1. come on....you know me better than that. We have yet to begin to fight! Where there is a will there is a way. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you guys will come up with a plan. Send Amy in the ring and you may come out of it with all the extras that you never asked for. haha

    ReplyDelete