Total Pageviews

Monday, June 10, 2013

A brief update of me

With Amy's help I took 22 steps yesterday. I can carefully stand for several minutes untouched. I was told by a neurologist in April 2011 that I would be confined to a wheelchair by Christmas 2011. While I cannot walk freely, I have gained enough communication between my motor neuron cells and my leg muscle cells to allow me to direct their function. According to the medical community this reversal is impossible. Any evidence to the contrary is written off as a fluke or anomaly.
      I am still deeply afflicted but the ALS is having to work harder than ever to maintain it's grasp on my body and has lost it has altogether lost it's grip on my mind.

5 comments:

  1. Good for you, Dad! I'm proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For all of you who have been saying - If anyone can do it...Tracy can....just might be right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe your mind can do way more than any pill or operation! I am serious about you breaking a board!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow best news ever!! This opens a world of possibilities! Congrats! Suza

    ReplyDelete